Remember when we were kids, there were all these songs that went with play. Especially with girls games. Some of the songs make me laugh now. They make so sense. hehe. Please help me remember them.
1. Drop it
I drop it
I drop it
I drop it
I send a letter to my lover
On the way I drop it.
Please don't lie. Some of you were singing this song like so:
Lɔɔ Peter Lɔɔ
Peter send a letter to my lover
On the way I lɔɔ pit.
2. Roooobert. Rooobert.
Robert Mensah Goal Keeper Number One
Aka nansa na w'ako abrokyir (3 days before a trip abroad)
Kwasea bi te ho ompe ne ho asem (a stupid but innocent man)
Wafa pentoa, ode awo ne mfe.(stabbed him with a broken bottle)
Ade kyee yea ne yere w'awo (the next day his wife had a kid)
Ne yere ba de sen? (what was he named?)
Kofi Anto w'anto ne maame (Kofi Anto did not meet his mom)
Kofi Anto w'aanto ne paapa (Kofi Anto did not meet his dad)
3. Aduuu Aduuu Aduuu (monkey monkey monkey)
Adulee (monkey tail)
Gye ponko leee (is not a horse tail? )
4. I met my boyfriend at the candy shop (The prudes that we were...boyfriend was soon changed to bestfriend)
He bought me icecream and he bought me cake
I'm so sick
Call the doctor
quick quick quick
Shall i die?
No, my darling, you won't die.
5. I went to the chinese restaurant
To buy a loaf of bread bread bread
They wrapped it in a brown paper
And this is what they said said said
My naaame is humpty dumpty
chinese japanese chopsticks!
Somewhere in the middle of this song, you don't know the words so that's where you sing it biara biara:)
6. There was this one game. Whilst jumping rope or skipping rope as we called it, we'd have to choose all the things you wanted in life. Like husbands name, how many kids you'd have, what kind of wedding, and what kind of car you'd ride in to your wedding. lol. And i particularly remember the options for that one.
Abongo lorry, toyota , 504, ebini car.
7. London bridge is falling down
falling down falling down
London bridge is falling down
My fair lady
What songs did you sing whilst playing?